Become a Volunteer
Many persons being released from prison and are socially displaced face numerous challenges in regaining a normal life within society. Some may lack food, accommodation, clothing, skills training, endure unemployment, or face other stigmas due to their circumstance. Vision on Mission has been working tirelessly to provide rehabilitation and reintegration services to this sector for over two decades.
A volunteer’s contribution of their time, energy and unique skills in support of this most important work demonstrates their involved commitment to effecting positive changes in the lives of these individuals and in turn creating safer communities through the reduction of reoffending and recidivism.
Our Vision is to be the most innovative provider of rehabilitation, resettlement, and reintegration services for prisoners, ex-offenders, deportees, delinquent youths, and socially displaced persons.
To be the cornerstone from which lives are transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit of the Almighty God.
Our Mission is to contribute to public safety through secure and humane management of clients for their successful resettlement and preventative interventions with at-risk youth.
Our Goal is to promote and support Restorative Justice by subscribing to the Restorative Justice policy as having a duty to make things right amongst the offender, the victim, and the community as a whole, in an effort to reduce recidivism and create safer communities.
Why become a Volunteer at Vision on Mission?
By actively becoming engaged in the mission of social development and restorative justice, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of each prisoner, ex-offender, deportee, delinquent youth, and socially displaced person, while effecting change in your communities through the promotion of right living.
You will also have the opportunity to gain, develop and enhance your skills within your area of interest, as you serve your community and collaborate with Vision on Mission in its continued efforts to reduce crime across the region.
Key Objectives of the Volunteer at VOM
Volunteers are expected to adhere to the vision and carry out the mission of this dynamic NGO through the following:
- By contributing your skills, knowledge, time, and energy to executing tasks that support and enhance the work of VOM.
- By assisting VOM’s targeted clientele in regaining a normal life in society through the usage of the NGO’s reintegration and rehabilitative services and programmes.
Volunteering Opportunities at VOM
Keeping in mind the diverse backgrounds and varied interests of our volunteers, VOM has identified the following categories where professional services are needed, and as a volunteer you will be able to utilize your skills, knowledge, time, and energy into any one or more of the following areas:
- Administrative Services – assist the NGO with any office-related duties pertaining to its operations.
- Events Coordination – participate in the preparation for and execution of special events that are implemented for the clients, members of staff, community events, etc.
- Field/Social Work – engage in client-related field activities at VOM’s in-transit facilities and within the prisons across the region.
- Fundraising Projects – collaborate with the NGO in its annual fundraising activities and objectives.
- Outreach Projects/Labour – participate in community projects partnered by VOM and its Stakeholders.
Transportation Services – the volunteer must possess a valid full driving license to provide transportation services to VOM and its clients to facilitate its day-to-day operations.
- In-Transit Lecturer – provide empowering and motivating lectures to persons being accommodated through VOM’s various in-transit facilities.
- Graphic Art & Design – assist the NGO with the designing of paraphernalia for its various events and activities throughout the year and in the preparation of newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Other Services as needed
To become a volunteer TODAY and take part in the mission of reducing recidivism amongst ex-offenders and contributing your efforts to the crime reduction in our society, click on the link below to download and complete the “Volunteer Application Form“.
Donate To The Reduction In Recidivism And Creating Safer Communities
Each donation goes towards the operations of the varied programmes and services provided to VOM’s clients.